Linux is a Unix-like computer operating system assembled under the model of free and open-source software development and distribution. It’s designed for desktop and laptop computers, and it has been used on servers, mainframes, mobile devices; it dominates these types of systems. The Linux Online Training helps you to know about What is Linux and the latest innovation in the Linux industry?
The Linux kernel combined with the GNU project’s userland tools to form a complete operating system. These tools include text editors, a shell, various utilities such as an editor, compilers for programming languages, thus this became known as Linux or GNU/Linux.
How Linux plays a major role in the world?
- It is a low-cost alternative to other expensive operating systems used in computer hardware. It can run on a cellphone as well as on a supercomputer.
- It is free, and the software that comes with it is free as well.
- Linux can be installed by anyone, unlike other operating systems which are sold only in a pre-installed state. To install, you must have an active internet connection as well as an 8GB USB device that is either blank or not formatted at all. Get into the Linux Online Course to learn more. But once you’ve installed Linux on your system you can format the drive and partition it with any operating system of your choice.
Newest Innovation in the Linux Industry
- It only uses a few MB of RAM even when there is a lot of activity going on in the background.
- It allows you to install as many applications as you want, particularly the BSD-based ones. It is achieved through an application called “apt-get” that allows installation from multiple software repositories at once. GNOME 3.0 is easier to use than GNOME 2. x, and it is also better supported.
- Linux has shown to be safer than Microsoft Windows 7 and MacOSX since MacOSX and Windows 7 do not receive security fixes after their respective releases, making them open to cyber-attacks.
Future in Linux
- There is a large accessible software for it, as well as a lot of open-sourced development. This means that it has a lot of potential for customization and modification.
- Linux will occupy all the global software market share as with its low cost and free source, people from all walks of life can afford it and it is an easy operating system to learn. Learn Linux Online from SkillsIon to develop the knowledge and know about the future of Linux.
- It has a huge fan base who are ready to help out new users so even if you don’t know how to use Linux you can rely on these people for support. So this is why Linux will experience significant growth shortly.